The Answers to Some Questions about The Iron Trial and My Beehive
I am finishing the edits on the very last chapter of DOLL BONES and my brain is half melted, which led me to not give a lot of details yesterday on the new middle grade series I am writing with Cassie Clare. So I thought I would follow it up today with a couple of answers to the questions people seem to be asking me most frequently.
Q: Wait, what? You’re writing a middle grade series with Cassandra Clare?
A: Yes! The first book is titled THE IRON TRIAL and there are going to be five in total. We’ve written a big chunk of the first book already and it just sold to Scholastic Books. We also have an option deal with Constantin Films to produce the movie. I am, as you might imagine, super excited. We’ve been planning this for a long time and I know it’s going to be a lot of fun.
Q: Did you really get a beehive yesterday?
A: No. Now, you might reasonably ask whether I’m worried that co-writing with Cassie will mean that she’s going to be constantly telling you lies about me. But I am pretty sure that co-writing will mean we’re on a lot of tours together, so I can keep my eye on her. I am eyeing her suspiciously across the table in a bubble tea shop right now.
Q: So, wait, you were talking about COLDTOWN and DOLL BONES and maybe a faerie book…when does all this come out now? What books are you writing?
A: Here is my publications schedule as it currently stands:
2013: DOLL BONES in the Spring; COLDEST GIRL IN COLDTOWN in the Fall
2014: THE IRON TRIAL and another YA book (probably the faerie one, but possibly a high fantasy).
After that, it will be one book in the Iron series per year until 2018 and probably (hopefully) one YA book per year during that time.
Q: Is there anything you can tell us about THE IRON TRIAL and Callum Hunt?
A: Well, Cassie has already said that he has an injured leg (like Watson or House) and grey eyes. I will add that he is the crankiest protagonist ever. Seriously, the crankiest.
Q: How would you say that Callum is different from other boy protagonists, like Percy Jackson or Harry Potter?
Remember that scene in X-Men: First Class when Professor Xavier and Magneto walk into a bar and try to recruit Wolverine?
Callum is pretty much exactly like Wolverine in that scene. If Harry Potter and Percy Jackson walked into a bar and tried to get him to help them save the world and fulfill his destiny, he would say no. And he would say it crankily.
With less sideburn, though.
Q: Will THE IRON TRIAL be published outside the US?
A: Yes. We’re going to have more information in the next couple of weeks about exactly where the books will be published and by whom, but we’re on it. We want to get the book to you.
Q: Does this mean that it will be your fault if CLOCKWORK PRINCESS, CITY OF HEAVENLY FIRE, or Dark Artifices come out late? You know that we will kill you in your sleep if that happens, right?
A: I’ve gotten this question before, when I was working on the Good Neighbors series with Ted Naifeh. People kept coming up to me and threatening my life if the next Courtney Crumrin book was late. All I can say is ‘sorry!’ and ‘please don’t hurt me!’
Q: So, do you have any more secret projects???
A: I don’t. I swear. And I hope not to have so many secrets projects ever again. They are nerve wracking! I am used to talking about what I am working on and even what I am thinking about working on and plan to go back to that.126 notes
- demigodinlorien394 likes this
- satansglitterypanties likes this
- wegoeast likes this
- sjhowe2011 likes this
- azizahr reblogged this from hollyblack
- readingsyd reblogged this from cassandraclare
- caitlinandcompany likes this
- mejampo reblogged this from hollyblack
- beau-rose likes this
- simonherondale likes this
- hahze likes this
- adventuresofacinefile reblogged this from cassandraclare
- blonddahlia likes this
- proseinpoetry likes this
- laughingsmilez likes this
- remimiprimus reblogged this from hollyblack
- killthemzombies reblogged this from cassandraclare
- sexyvampiremojo likes this
- mattiefairchild reblogged this from cassandraclare
- specky-fat-eyes likes this
- weliveandbreathewords reblogged this from cassandraclare
- theeunicewu reblogged this from cassandraclare
- soulsinsync likes this
- aorellana47 reblogged this from cassandraclare
- oomp likes this
- linetteherondale reblogged this from ladyjinora and added:
- ladyjinora reblogged this from cassandraclare
- ladyjinora likes this
- youcouldneversayit reblogged this from cassandraclare
- susimarcone likes this
- tmispanishnews reblogged this from hollyblack
- tmispanishnews likes this
- 67-kaz2y5 likes this
- 21stcenturyartist reblogged this from cassandraclare
- 21stcenturyartist likes this
- livinginashadowworld likes this
- coldoceanave likes this
- betajtoj likes this
- i-should-be-practicing-violin reblogged this from cassandraclare
- innoahshawspants reblogged this from hollyblack
- valvallievalerie likes this
- changeable-as-water likes this
- jamesrodaysbutt likes this
- heronstairslovechild likes this
- tardisinhogwartsinnarnia reblogged this from cassandraclare
- theexpressionofspeech likes this
- bleeding-blue-oceans reblogged this from cassandraclare
- meb892 likes this
- sakura-chanmasteroftheclow likes this